4.13.2008

Universe

ONE -- Each person is important
TWO -- Be kind in all you do
THREE -- We're free to learn together
FOUR -- And search for what is true
FIVE -- All people need a vote
SIX -- Build a fair and peaceful world
SEVEN -- We care for Earth's lifeboat
That will bring us back to me and UU... (repeat)

-- Principles and Purposes of the Unitarian Universalist Association, children's version (sung to the tune of "Do Re Mi")

--

In the "Across the Universe" version of the Beatles' "I Am the Walrus," at one point crap singer Bono slips and sings, "I am a walrus!"

I have never felt the kind of alienated pride I felt today at the tech rehearsal for "Rain." It's the biggest artistic project I've ever attempted myself, this little snow-globe world of farmers in a drought.

No comments: