4.13.2008

Night

Blackbird, fly
Blackbird, fly
Into the light of a dark, black night

-- "Blackbird," The Beatles

--

Into the light of a dark, black night, we sat with our hands in our laps, and everyone's dresses were as nice as their masks. Into the light of a large, lit room, we walked with our stomachs grumbling, and the food was great. Into the light of Dionysus we danced...and the towers knelt while the muses twirled and rushed and let the fabric unfurl before my eyes while the snow danced with the tree fairies and the street fairies bought dope in the alleys with silver coins in the bottom of a plastic cup, the same cup I bought to save me, damn me, rave and clam me, pave and pummel and parade and slum me in my tie and suspenders snapping free in the hands of a drunk young man with a fresh cut and cutting eyes like spiders flying across the room like ships in a continuum of rolled sleeves and sweating skins and the Masons watched and smoked in the atrium like capitalists at a revolution:--

-- my final big party before the big plunge.

No comments: