4.21.2008

Ignorance

"Sin is ignorance."

-- Socrates

"Innocence is ignorance."

-- Kierkegaard

--

There are nineteen days until the end of the semester. No more semesters until the end of college. One degree to finish earning. Two papers, or forty pages. One repair that has to be made on my car's thermostat so that a gasket stops squirting antifreeze onto hot things and making smoke. Four things I have to accomplish as head of an honorary. Two work contracts to sign and mail. One rent check to pay. One bike to sell. One movie I may have to finish. One book I definitely have to finish. Three books I have to pretend to finish. Fifteen pairs of socks, ten pairs of underwear, about two dozen shirts and pants and shorts, and a few coats to pack. Several CDs to listen to, turn, burn, and maybe return. Who knows how many boogers to extract from my nostril walls. Many pens to lose. Nineteen breakfasts to make it to. Lots of piles of forgotten papers to throw away or maybe save.

And I don't want to. I don't even want to know about them.

Nineteen days.

No comments: