4.22.2008

Disappeared

"What can I say?
I got carried away...
...and not just by
balloo-oons."

-- The Wizard in Wicked!, by Stephen Schwartz

--

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/priest-vanishes-on-party-balloon-flight/20080422065509990001

--

My boss talked to the carpet guy again and they both referred to me as "the slow help." I heard them because they were standing very close to me when they said it. I am glad to be ending my employment here in two days. The carpet guy says it will take two weeks to replace the carpet in this office, and that if the existing carpet is stretched, the binding on the bottom will unlaminate (?) and will stretch an extra three inches. This moves the problem from the middle of the room to the corners, but it does not ensure the carpet will not relax back into place in a few months.

Strange, the idea of one's carpet slowly crawling beneath you.

--

I once read a book in which a little child, trying to comprehend death, calls the deceased "disappeared." "He got himself disappeared," I think is the phrase.

I hope that Brazilian priest gets himself found soon.

No comments: