1.17.2010

Visit

"Some veggies went to sea, sea, sea
To see what they could see, see, see..."


--

Because I work part-time, and because I've logged so many overtime hours in the last two weeks, and because the finances of this place are such that overtime hours are de facto converted into extra vacation time--mandatory vacation time, even--I will be taking a few days off to make a leisurely, unconstrained-by-time visit to Hillsdale to see the Tower Dancers Concert.

I'll make a four-day weekend out of a three-day weekend.

--

Part of the reason for making the trip is to reconnect with the few college friends of mine still working on degrees there. Another is to see the Concert. But I think my biggest reason for heading back this time is to meet up with my mentoring professors, to grab meals with them, to discuss what's going on in their lives, and to ask for advice on what's going on in mine.

No comments: