9.10.2009

Card

"The fact remains that getting people right is not what living is about anyway. It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again. That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong. Maybe the best thing would be to forget being right or wrong about people and just go along for the ride. But if you can do that--well, lucky you."

-- Philip Roth, in American Pastoral

--

It's been two years since I last had a business card. And with that card, it was in Scotland, and it was only for three weeks, and so it was not, how do you say, a real one? The programs I used at the time overkilled the project, too: InDesign and PhotoShop, whose graphics-tweaking potential is largely wasted on a business card.

But at the behest of a co-worker, I decided it was time for another. And it don't look half-bad, if I say so myself. I used Paint and Microsoft Word to produce this puppy.

(Anyone up for a round of American Psycho-esque card comparing?)


However nice this simple little card makes me feel, though, I got nothing on this guy:



Or this design artist and magician:



2 comments:

So, this is still me said...

Hmm, I've been fantasizing about business cards lately.

http://www.touchey.com/blog/2009/7/20/30-cool-and-unusual-business-cards-designs.html

SC said...

I really like all of them...but I *really* like the plant one. What a cool idea.