3.11.2010

Trays

"Here my uncle turned to me and said, 'I understand you're a horse thief. I understand you stole a horse from the church. Smart boy. Let me see.' I leaned over and showed him where the horse's hoof had opened up my head. He laughed when he ran his finger lightly over the length of the scar and around the shaved patch where the hair was just growing in. 'May you have many more,' he told me."

-- Philip Roth, The Plot Against America

--

Rifling through old boxes in the storage room, a co-worker found what she called "retro filing trays." She also said, "They're kinda weird, but you can have 'em if you want 'em."

They look like standard Army issue trays, the kind an imaginary GI/accountant might set up in the bush:


I wanted 'em.

--

Another addition to the cubicle, courtesy of Mike M., one of "the shop guys." He installed shelves two days ago:


That pig head was found in yet another old Children's Theatre box. Reminds me of Lord of the Flies.

No comments: