9.03.2009

Processes

"That was the end. No special point had been made. Did they all say what they had to say? No, they didn't, and of course they did."

-- Philip Roth in Everyman

--

The props. Props for Anne Frank are almost done. Making the diary is ten times harder than I thought it would be. With a first layer of cloth as the base for the book's new cover, the thing looks like exactly what it is: a stitched up piece of a shirt stretched over an old book. My plan is to add at least one more layer of fabric, and if it still looks like a project instead of a diary, I'm moving to plan B--good old paper.

The cold read. It's the first time I've been up for a radio commercial (this one with a cell phone company) and the audition was much simpler than I thought it would be. I walked in, having read the script once--two guys talking about a Blackberry, how hard could it be?--and they took me straight to the sound studio. No one else was there except the secretary, the sound guy, and the person who read against me. Four reps, and I was done. Too bad I dropped $10 for parking; had I known it would be so quickly over with, I would have dropped a quarter in a meter.

--

At the Children's Theatre, everyone's basically biding their time until rehearsals start in a week and a half. Boxes one by one disappear as their contents appear on shelves, contracts come back signed, and people have stopped turning the wrong way out of their offices.

No comments: