2.28.2009

Forwards

"It's a new Mother Nature taking over."

-- Three Dog Night, "No Sugar Tonight"

--

Been latent on posting lately, and the world is not at fault. It's been busy at the CTC, what with the job offer and late-notice road-related drama. Suffice it to say, I'm glad to have a job offer, and even more thrilled that the offer is a step upwards on the ladder. I've decided to stay in Cinci another year, to work for the CTC's mainstage productions (they have four).

So, pending any other opportunities that come of the League of Cincinnati Theatre auditions in the next month, I'll be in town, and I'll be working for the same folks. Just not doing the same thing. We won't be touring; that's a start. No more van, no more four-hour roadtrips to small podunky townships in rural Ohio. Not that it hasn't been enlightening. It's nice to know that we live in a country where even the smallest towns, even the most random collections of parochial people, even the seediest and lowliest American civilizations that crop up between dots on the map,--even these, God bless 'em, still have fast-food restaurants, or at the very least, a dingy diner that serves the same style of grub.

The new contract assures me four roles in four shows in the 2009-2010 season, but even more attractive than that, it offers me more time. I can get a "real" job, make some "real" money, and if it's in the cards, do some "real" theatre. (The quotations are there to show my ambivalence toward--and my skepticism of--of the future, which is not yet reality.)

--

Almost finished with the Dr. King book, too. I'm savoring, once again, his "Letter from a Birmingham Jail," which sadly none of the other actors in this tour have read. Reist would crap a crab.

No comments: