1.27.2009

Reisted

"Chris, are you one of those kinky Christians?"

-- The Rev. Dr. John Reist's second question to me when we first met, after asking my name

--

That email I rattled off to the funny little guy in that funny little town? Already got a reply. Now, to reproduce all of the hilarious message would be a violation of privacy--and Reist already has enough reason to distrust technology--but there are a few gems which need appraisal (no edits have been made on my part):

- "i'M OFF TO MY hEMINGWAY SEMINAR!! finding the lost generation-- I just messed up my lc/uc key!!!!"
- "
An animal house is what a college becomes when the students lose interest in the faculty."
- "Yo Hey whoa man [signed] Sad bear."

That second is in response to this quotation from Mr. Ciardi, "A university is what a college becomes when its faculty loses interest in students."

1 comment:

JHitts said...

I, for one, thought that nothing could top his response to my question about if we're having a party (to which he responded with a simple lowercase "yo").

I think we have a winner.