10.19.2008

Overnights

Four days, four nights.

Day one: Brunswick, OH. A nearly four-hour drive northeast to the Cleveland area. I've made two mix CDs, but that'su only two hours, forty-minutes' worth of time killed. We'll probably trim out some minutes on the highway, but still. Four hours to begin four days, four nights. Then we drive to Joliet, IL. I hope to get that leg. I know the highway well. Good ol' I-80

Day two: Joliet, IL. We probably won't get to go to Chicago, but we'll drive through it.

Day three and four: Springfield, OH. More of the same. Hopes for recreation and clubbing

(i cant stand clubbing i feel lame and stupid and unless im wasted i dont dance funny or funky enough its just loud music and horny people i hate it so much id rather read a book about goats)

and fancy dinners. I brought dress slacks, but that's about all they're getting from me. I don't do scenes when I'm not onstage, you know what I mean?

--

Performed in a tent yesterday. Al fresco, hace fresco. The wind blew down our backdrop. We got sandbags. There was a pole in the middle of our scene. I leaned against it. There was wet grass. We slipped on it.

They gave us free food. Hot cider. And the river was beautiful. We were fifty feet from it. So close to beauty, we didn't mind what we were doing. You can get lost in real-life postcards; don't doubt it.

--

Talked with Sharon on the phone yesterday. First time in months. A few letters, but no talkage. It was good--really good--to hear her voice. We talked about fires, food, and fucknuts. She says she'd do boot camp again if they'd let her. That's something you don't hear everyday, and it makes me proud of her. All the more because she graduates into the Navy at the end of this week.

No comments: