8.27.2008

Rains

"Well before I catch you complainin / That it hardly rains at all / Let me stop to lock my top / For fear of it falling harder."

-- Jason Mraz, "No Doubling Back"

--

The rains came to Cincinnati today, and the air feels gray but fresh, like a new bag in the vacuum cleaner. We continue to block in the basement, breathing air released from cracks in old books, literary worms of artistic intent cavorting and hokey-dokeying for children in the future. It's like prostitution, except you're paid on salary, and your boss isn't allowed to call you "ho."

--

With a little bit of luck, I will get a lease and a library card soon: requisites of residency.

3 comments:

So, this is still me said...

Unless the library has specifically told you otherwise, you ought to be able to use an envelope addressed to your current residence...I'm pretty sure that's how it works most places. It worked for me :)

Best and thinking about you and hoping all is well,

Rhiannon

NO said...

It was awesome to talk to you tonight, Stewie. Miss you terribly.

SC said...

Sure enough, Rhiannon--I used a package with postage and it did the trick. Thinking of you as well. Let me know how Boston is working out for you. :)

And I miss you too, Johnny. We should talk again sometime and freak your wife out.