4.24.2008

Farming

It was April and I was ready for spring. I was restless. School was getting on my nerves. I liked my teacher, but you can only take so much sitting in a classroom. I had forgotten all about the field trip Mrs. Sanford had planned. We were going to a farm, but this was not a modern farm. On this farm they used horses as they did over 100 years ago. Mrs. Sanford thought it would be good for us to learn about the old ways farmers once used.

-- “What I Found at the Farm," from a textbook I've been working on

--

It’s April and I am ready for spring. I am restless. School is getting on my nerves. I like my teacher, but you can only take so much sitting in a classroom. I had forgotten all about the big trip I had planned.

No farm. No horses. No Mrs. Sanford.

I did go to a school, but it was not a modern school. At this school they used methods as they did over 100 years ago. The professors thought it would be good for us to learn about the old ways people once used.

This is what I found at Hillsdale College.

No comments: